When visiting Morocco, here are 10 of our selected things to do on your visit in Morocco.
1. Majorelle Gardens, Marrakech. A beautiful botanical garden dedicated to the memory of Yves Saint Laurent
2. Djemaa El Fna, Marrakech for the entertainment of musicians, dancers, snake charmers, storytellers and great food.
3. Fes. The medina of Fes will take you back to a medieval time as you weave your way through the labyrinthine medina; visit a hamam for a complete body scrub, the madras such as Bou Inania Medersa and so much more.
4. Essaouira for the best fish food meals and a great day trip.
5. Chellah Ruins, Rabat. This old Merenid necropolis of Chellah is one of the better sites in Rabat.
6. Erg Chebbi, Merzouga. The beauty of the sunset or sunrise over the desert dunes, sleeping under a star-filled sky and taking a camel ride!
7. Hassan II Mosque, Casablanca. Completed in 1993, this is one of the largest and more beautiful mosques in the world. It is a stark contrast against the rest of Casablanca and is worth a day trip.
8. Chefchaouen. For those who want a break from the madness of Marrakech, take a break and head towards a beautiful blue-walled town nestled in the Rif Mountains. Walk the streets and rest at natural pools, or go carpet shopping.
9. Meknes Media is a great retreat for those who want smaller and still well preserved quiet retreat over the hustle and bustle of the larger Medina of Fes.
10. Volubilis Roman Ruin is rich in history with magnificent arches with beautiful mosaics and spectacular basilica. Just a little over 11 miles from Fes, the Roman Ruins of Volubilis is a must-see.